Linksys RE6500 range extender is a great device to get seamless WiFi everywhere in your home. However, you can make the most out of your extender after performing Linksys RE6500 setup in a proper way. Though there are various ways to setup Linksys extender but in this post we’ve covered one of the easiest ways to configure RE6500 and that is using the Linksys app.
Yeah! You read it right! Just download and install the Linksys app on your Android or iOS device and set up your Linksys WiFi range extender within minutes. Let’s take the plunge!
- Place Your Linksys RE6500 WiFi Range Extender
First things first, it is suggested to place your Linksys RE6500 extender accurately. The accurate placement of your RE6500 is the key to Linksys extender setup success. Let’s have a quick look at the instructions outlined underneath you need to consider while placing your Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender:
- Keep your Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender at the central, higher, and open area in your home.
- Position your Linksys extender away from corners, windows, and thick walls.
- Do not place your Linksys RE6500 range extender inside a cabinet, on floors or under a table. Doing so may interrupt with your extender’s WiFi signals.
- Keep your Linksys extender away from public/ neighboring/ unknown WiFi networks.
- Turn on Your Linksys RE6500 WiFi Range Extender
One you are done with the placement process, the next step in our post is to turn on your Linksys WiFi range extender. Select a working wall outlet near to your existing router to plug in your Linksys RE6500 extender. However, you need to keep a couple of things in mind while plugging in your Linksys extender:
- The wall socket you are using must not be damaged.
- Check the power adapter of your Linksys extender. It should be well working.
- To get Linksys extender setup success, check the power LED on your Linksys extender. It must be green and stable.
- On the off chance if the power LED is blinking amber or red, unplug your Linksys extender setup and plug it back in again into another outlet.
- Make all the Ethernet Connections
Grab a working and non-damaged Ethernet cable and insert one end into the Linksys RE6500 extender whereas another end to your existing router. Make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using doesn’t have any cuts on it. Doing so will surely give you Linksys extender setup success.
- Connect Your Mobile Device to the Linksys Extender’s WiFi
The next step to perform RE6500 extender setup using the Linksys app is to connect your Android or iOS device to the Linksys extender’s WiFi. Do not get connected to the public hotspot.
- Download the Linksys App
Open the App Store or Play Store on your device and download the Linksys app. For this, you have to type Linksys app in the search bar and click on the Search icon. From the search results, choose the Linksys app and click on Install or Download.
Do not download the Linksys app using neighboring or free WiFi.
- Open the Linksys App
Once you download Linksys app on your Android or iOS device, open it by click on Open button. Now, the extender.linksys.com login page will come into view. Enter the default Linksys extender username and password and click on Sign In or Log In button.
- Set Up Your Linksys Extender
As soon as you are logged in successfully, you will see the Linksys RE6500 setup instructions displayed on your device screen. Just follow them in exact given order and make your Linksys RE6500 extender up and running in minutes.
- You’re Done!
And that’s it! You have successfully completed the RE6500 extender setup process using the Linksys app. In case of any difficulty, feel free to reach out to our veteran technical experts anytime.